Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Good Samaritan

Good Samaitans are rare to come by but when you do come by one it is a memory you will never forget. When I was about ten years old, in Florida, I was more out going than I am now and would like to bike or roller-blade around our complex, which from above probably looked like two circles connected my a road. One day, I decided to bike around with some friends and race to see who can beat the other around the two circles first. I was winning and felt over confident with myself, which ultimately became my downfall. My house was only a few feet away and cars were parked everywhere, I stupidly looked behind me to see if anybody was there and found nobody. I turned my head and in that split second saw a beige colored car that looked completely immoveable. My bike impacted and I fell on top of the hood, slid down the front, and hit the ground in a sitting position. I did not see anybody coming but I felt somebody help me stand up and asked if I was ok. I was, for some unbelievable reason, fine with only minor bruises. They took me home and told me to stay off, that bike for a while. I went inside with nothing but a slight limp, that my mother did not notice and went upstairs to take a shower and a nice long nap. Later that day, I found out the car was unscathed and the mystery person was my neighbor who told my mom about the incident and brought home my bike, without asking for anything in return. This person, I now know is a Good Samaritan.

No comments:

Post a Comment