Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Friend the Good Samaritan.

When I was about 7 years old, and still living in Japan I had met a Good Samaritan. I was a clutzy 7 year old always running about around malls, streets, and even the backyard. At one point my family and I had started to go to this Dutch theme park. And there was this automatic water sequence thing, that would squirt water around the tiled floors about every hour. Since citizens are allowed to run and get wet in that area, I of course started to run around. But little did I know that my carelessness gave me an accident. I had slipped and fell cutting my knees on the uneven tiled floors, with the cut being 5 inches long. I started to cry and sat in my pool of blood, till this Japanese girl name Takashi Yukio (or Yukio Takashi in english) who was in highschool came to my aid. She patched me up, with her first aid kit she always carried around her. And right after, she just told me to be careful from now on. My parents wanted to show her thanks by offering a token of appreciation and it would be a coupon to a popular sushi bar. But she decline, and just said, "Seeing a young girl smile is the better reward than tears." Years later, even though I had my cut permanent on my skin, it was enough to remind me what makes a good Samaritan

No comments:

Post a Comment