Monday, August 22, 2011

Good Samaritan



I remember a time when I took action and acted as a good samaritan. I helped and elderly woman that was in need. I can still remember the great feeling you get, when knowing that you made a difference by helping that person. My experience was this day that my mother I were at vons. We were ready to pay at the cash register, but an elderly woman was infront of us, I remember she had her little vons cart full. She had already payed and was slowly moving towards the exit. I took action and followed the woman and offered my help, "Ma'am. may I help you with your groceries?" The woman's face was filled gratitude, and just nodded with the biggest smile across her face. In that moment I took charge of the cart and followed her to her car. Then, I placed all the groceries in the trunk of the car while the elderly woman was getting inside her car, and getting ready to depart. Once I was finished with all the groceries, I closed the trunk and placed the cart where the others were. I went back to car where the elderly woman was, which she was waiting for me with a ten-dollar bill, and told me with a sincere voice, "Thanks young lady for your help, I don't know how to thank you. Please take this money, I am glad that girls like you still exist." I looked at the woman with a proud attitude, "Well thanks ma'am but I cannot take this money, you desirve this and more. Have a great day!" The elderly woman just couln't belive it and just said this lastly words to me "You are a great human being, take care young lady." The woman just waved goodbye to me with a long and beautiful smile across her face. This action made my day, but the best part is that I helped someone, and you don't have any idea of what it feels to help another human being. I still remember this day as if it were yesterday!


-Alexa Calderon

No comments:

Post a Comment