Monday, August 22, 2011

The Good Samaritan in Me

         As human beings, we tend to drop things now and again. I recall one of many times where I have helped another fellow student pick up their belongings in the hallway. Many people would suggest that this is not a deed that would make me a Good Samaritan, but how many of us just awkwardly side-step random people who have dropped their items? We clearly see a person in need of assisstance, and we by pass them like we never saw anything. Honestly, if I were in that person's shoes-- which is quite often-- I would want help too. The person I remember helping in particular, dropped nearly every item they had. All I had to do was take a few moments to help them gather their supplies. The person smiled and gratefully thanked me, knowing that I helped them even though we did not know each other. It was a reward in itself to know that I had made the person's day a little better, and now they too, can be inspired to help a person that was in their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment