Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Being a Good Samaritan



I like to help people out a lot. In the future, I want my career to be based on something that has to do with helping out other people. Every year for Thanksgiving I go to this place called Casa Familiar (a place where my mom used to work) and my sister, my mom, and I help serve food to the less fortunate people there. There is a huge crowd of people and much help needed. We do things like serve food for them, give them something to drink, clean their plates afterwards and help set up for the next round of people to come in. It takes almost all night. It gets tiring but at the end of the day, I feel really good about helping all those people out and knowing that they got to have a good meal for Thanksgiving and have a good time. Another time I have helped out is for Christmas. Last Christmas, I was in a Confirmation class and we went Christmas caroling around a neighborhood to certain houses that the Church knew had families that were sick or could not afford anything for Christmas that year. We sang to them and they were very grateful, happy, and surprised to see us! They thought nothing good was going to come to them that year but afterwards that told us we had proven them wrong. The people were overwhelmed and happy. This is how I am a good Samaritan.




Alyssa Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment