Monday, August 8, 2011

Controversial Rules - Hats

When we think rules at Olympian High School, we think, okay, no gum, don't be late, no spaghetti straps, no short shorts, no sagging etc. And I think that we can all agree that they're all pretty reasonable, self explanatory rules. But when we're wearing hats around campus and teachers say, "take of your hat please, they're not allowed." I myself cannot think of an excuse for why not to wear one, or one that's not of Olympian. I can see why the rule is enforced in class, because it is a sign of respect, and I think that it is important for us to be shown respect, in class though. Outside of class I believe that we should be allowed to wear hats of all types because first off, Olympian is high on a mountain and the sun hits it directly, not all of us have the money to buy an Olympian hat but maybe we have a different one already at home. Secondly, maybe someone is having a bad hair day, I think that thats are a good fashion statement and that it wouldn't be a problem to wear outside. Which brings me to my last argument, teachers say that hats are a distraction to our learning environment. I think that hats are not a distraction because if we don't wear them in class, and that is where we learn, then what really are they distracting us from outside during our nutrition break or lunch? Nothing right?
- Raquel Farfan

No comments:

Post a Comment