Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scary blackout of doom!!


Last Thursday at around four o'clock, my computer shut off in the middle of me procrastinating. Thoroughly annoyed, I walked downstairs to see if we had blown a fuse somehow, but nothing was wrong with them. My dad then called to me from the back yard ,where he was reading, and told me it was a blackout and that the whole city didn't have electricity. He then proceeded to go on and on about how this was good for my technology reliant generation and how i should spend some time reading my books. i decided to try this new-fangled idea of reading outside of school and went outside to enjoy a story. This would have been great but the story i had chosen was complete and utter garbage so i decided to throw being an intellectual out the window and went to ride my bike around town. I set out at around five, and by that time the streets were pretty bogged down with inexperienced drivers who did not know how to operate their cars because the street lights had gone out. As a result I was nearly hit by an SUV driven by a woman wearing sunglasses that resembled two decently sized satellite dishes plastered onto her face. A little unnerved I peddled home. Once back my dad barbecued chicken on the grill and we ate outside at dusk. It was nice and I wish we would do it more often. Just as we finished, we collapsed on the couch sufficiently full and bored. Just then as if arranged by Valkyries they electricity came back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment