Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blackout


This month on Thursday September 8,2011, many areas in San diego and parts of mexico experienced a blackout for more than six hours. I was on my laptop copying vocabulary words for ap world history then all of a sudden, all the lights were turned off. I was freaking out when this happened because I did not get to finish copying down the vocabulary words that were due the next day which was Friday. Throughout the evening, it got so hot in my house and we had to use candles in order to see.I was playing on my ipad for a couple of hours in my car while listening to the radio to hear the events that occured and impacted in the streets and in stores. Right around twelve am, my dad woke me up and told me that the lights were back on. But then, the school called the next morning that school was cancelled for today. Without electricity, The city of San Diego will be left vulnerable and can be attacked from anybody outside. Also, people would start looting stores such as snacks, water, or even money.

-Rylee Nazareno

No comments:

Post a Comment