Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Plagiarism

Plagiarism is the copying of someone else s work, and passing it of as your own. When you plagiarize, you are completely disregarding and humiliating your morals, your conscience, and your self-respect. There is absolutely no reason that can excuse plagiarizing someone's work.

Plagiarism is the greatest disrespect you can do to your instructor. You are basically telling the teacher that their work is not worthy of your time nor your effort. It is also the greatest disservice you can do to yourself. You are telling yourself that you do not need to do the work that is required of you in order to succeed, which is false.

I have gone down that road before. It was the most degrading and humiliating thing I have ever done. I will despise the decision I made for the rest of my life. I also took an extremely valuable lesson from it:I am not so special that I do not have to complete a task that is put before me. Anything I am given and required to do is worth all my time and effort. It was very difficult for me to include this final paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment