Monday, September 19, 2011

Business Letter

1995 Parker Mountain Rd.
Chula Vista, CA, 91913
19 September 2011

Carlitos J. Yaperousky
United States Congressman
Olympian High School
1925 Magdalena Ave.
Chula Vista, CA, 91913

Dear Congressman Yaperousky:

I am writing this letter in regards to the "Good Samaritan" laws. I will be stating whether or not I agree with the laws and why.

I believe that California should not have "Good Samaritan" laws. I believe this because simply forcing people to help others is not going to fix the liability problem. If someone tries to help someone else in need, and only makes the situation worse, does he become liable for any further damages? The current laws say yes. That is why people are afraid to help others; they are afraid to get in trouble. If you must pass a law addressing the issue, it should be a law that protects would-be "Good Samaritans."

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope that you consider my point of view.

Sincerely,



Clinton A. Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment