Thursday, October 13, 2011

Personal Growth

During the fall break, I spent everyday going to practice,  and waking up early for games and tournaments. I'm a varsity volleyball player at OHS, but despite having that proud title, since I'm a sophomore and aren't as good nor experienced to "take" someone's position that I usually am, puts me in a difficult spot. Knowing that I have 2 more years to improve with the help of older varsity girls and off season club, it still gets to me when I don't get to get on the court. Especially, because this year we enter the Mesa league. But I was determined to show the coach that I will improve and soon just push someone out of their position and start. And when I thought about it, I could've always been on JV, starting every game as the position I want to be, but I would never improve as a player to a varsity level. So the biggest growth I made throughout the break was to have a positive attitude and have determination to improve a lot this year. So that next year, I could start and play what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment