Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bodacious Boredom


During the past two weeks of break I have discovered something new about myself; I really need to get out more. I spent most of my break sitting at home watching Dr. Who or reading, and while these are both great, they get really old after a couple of days. Luckily my dad and grand-dad were in much of the same position as I was, so we decided to go to the Miramar air show and a USC football game. (my brother attends the university so it seemed only fair that we join in the fun)Both events were incredible amounts of fun and i look forward to doing them again in the future. But, alas, I still had a week of nothing planned. I tried and failed at organizing a couple of parties with friends, though I did learn that becoming a wedding planner is a very bad career choice for me if i cant even organize going to the pool with ten people. With the days winding down I thought about my vacation, I had not done much but, maybe that was a good thing. I had taken a step back from planning and working, and felt better in general from doing so. All in all I had a nice relaxing break, and I wouldn't change a thing about it because I learned the value of resting and taking a step back from things.

No comments:

Post a Comment