Thursday, October 13, 2011

Personal Growth


Over break the most important personal growth I did was turning fifteen and becoming a better leader. I worked on my leadership skills so that I could run Fashion Club more efficiently but I have yet to see how much I've improved until we find out how successful our big events turn out to be in the next couple of weeks. (We're having a special Homecoming Fashion Show to advertise the masks that we're selling for Homecoming!!!) For my fifteenth my goal was to conquer one of my biggest fears. After experiencing a horrible seat-belt malfunction on one of the rides at the Del Mar Fair, I was automatically driven to overcome my fear of crazy roller coasters. The only place that I could find that was suitable for this was Six Flags. We drove up there and I brought my cousin to encourage me to go on the rides and not cry if anything happens to us. It wasn't until I rode the first ride, which just happened to be Goliath, that I realized what I have gotten myself into. It was our first time there and the rides were crazy. Nothing like the "crazy" roller coaster in Disney California, the rides at six Flags were like a death sentence. We went on some really exiting ones like Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, Deja vu, X2, Ninja, and finished the day in line for Tatsu when they announced that the wait time was still an hour and a half. It was an experience that I will remember the rest of my life, especially since I overcame my fear and didn't back out on any of them and tried my best to not close my eyes. It was fun and I really enjoyed it, hope to go there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment